We finally did it! With all the activity around here the past several weeks (months!) I’ve had a hard time getting anything done other than the million and one things that were screaming at me from my To Do list. But, you wouldn’t know anything about that, I’m sure . . . . between the extra activities that came with end-of-the-school-year events, graduation, college preparation (did I mention filling out about a thousand forms, all asking for the same information?????), kids being sick, getting ready for the graduation open house, and general day-to-day things like paying bills and doing laundry, I frequently run out of time or energy to cook.
Well, this wasn’t actually “cooking,” but at least I made something for my family the other day. This is an old-fashioned recipe that I’ve seen repurposed lots of places online; it is a family favorite that I used to make for church carry-in dinners as well as family get-togethers. It is super simple, but it is perfect for a summer day, whether a cookout on the deck, a picnic in the park, or Sunday dinner at Grandma’s house.
Here’s the recipe that I have used for many years to make “Old-Fashioned Orange Pineapple Fluff” . . . but you can call it whatever you want! It is yummy and pretty and perfect for this mama who really doesn’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. And, another thing about this recipe – you can make it in any flavor you want. I’ve made it with lime jello and pineapple, as well as the orange jello, and you could also make it with strawberry jello and fresh strawberries or peach jello with peaches. Pretty much any combination you want to put together!
I hope you enjoy making this “Old-Fashioned Orange Pineapple Fluff” as much as we did and that you enjoy serving it to your family. See you on Thursday for the TFT party!
“Old-Fashioned Orange Pineapple Fluff”
- Small (11 oz) can Mandarin Oranges
- Large (20 oz) can Pineapple tidbits
- 1 large (24 oz) small curd cottage cheese
- 1 small box orange Jello
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cottage cheese and orange jello.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and pineapple tidbits, saving a couple of the mandarin oranges and pineapples to use as garnish.
- Stir both into the mixture until combined.
- Add Cool Whip and stir until blended well.
- Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve in individual serving bowls.